The Montgomery Liver Disease Center(MLDC) is a subsidiary of Montgomery Gastroenterology PA.
Montgomery Liver Disease Center mission statement:
- Providing state-of-the-art evaluation and therapy for patients with acute and chronic liver disease.
- Providing accelerated access to John Hopkins University Medical Center or George Washington University Medical Center therapeutic research trials.
- Providing patients with endstage liver disease unresponsive to medical therapy accelerated access to members of the John Hopkins University Medical Center transplant team.
- Providing liver disease educational updates for the medical community in hospitals and other venues.
- Providing regular monthly on site patient educational/support groups
The MLDC sees patients with all types of acute and chronic liver disease. Examples include hepatitis C, hepatitis B, fatty liver, hepatitis A, autoimmune hepatitis, hemachromatosis, alcohol induced liver disease, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, drug-induced liver injury, and liver cancer. We also evaluate patients with gallbladder and bile duct disorders.